Yield: 4 to 6 depending
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 10 strips Applewood Slab Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-3/4 pound (about 5) quality Pork Sausage
- 4 small Yellow Onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Parsley
- 3-1/2 pounds Russet Potatoes, roughly peeled
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place bacon into a 5-quart Dutch oven and heat over medium to medium-low until cooked and crispy, about 18-20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Sear sausages for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into thirds.
- Remove the pot from the burner and layer, onions with a pinch of salt and parsley, bacon, sausages, more parsley, potatoes and then a few pinches of both salt and pepper and the remaining minced parsley.
- Pour broth over top, cover and place back onto burner. Bring liquids to a boil before transferring pot to preheated oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove and ladle into bowls with a little of the broth and serve immediately with crusty bread.